Custom Search

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Week 2: Proverbs 31:13-15 Do you plan and prepare for the day? Do you start the day with a quiet time with the Lord? Are you ready to meet the challenges of the day? Write a post about how you set aside time to plan and prepare for yourself and your family everyday. Whether it be meal planning, scheduling, grocery lists, chores, or what you do to make sure you have time for Bible study and prayer with God.

I missed out on the first week of this series as I just found out about it. Proverbs 31 for any of my readers who are not aware is a very strong scripture for women, moms, wives to guide their selves with. I must say that quiet time does not come very often in my busy frantic day and yes I do start off with a bit of quiet time with my Lord Jesus. During my quiet time I may do a number of things from read from a devotion book to simply sit there in thought thanking my Lord for all that he does in my life. The day is started the night before when I lay all out and plan my next day. A prayer to bless the morning is said even as I open my eyes in my bed. This prayer is both for thanksgiving for allowing me another day, another breath, another chance to live life as well as for a time to ask him to watch my steps of the day and guard me from those that could harm me.

Meals are planned prior to going shopping which is done on a every 2 week basis. This allows everyone in the house to know what the plan is as well as to be sure that everything for that meal is on hand. I live in a house with my husband and six teen age children and all of us can cook so we each take turns picking up the slack.


Do you take time to spend with the Lord do you have routines that are set up so that you have more time to fight the days challenges? I would love to know what you do as well.
http://lynishiskid.blogspot.com/search/label/A%20Woman%20of%20Noble%20Character

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for joining in Angie. It is a wonderful way to start the day by spending time with the Lord. I have found that my consistency is not what it should be, but I know He is there for me.

    I forgot to mention in my post that the button for the challenge is on my sidebar. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing what you do. Six teenagers! You are a REAL woman! I have three teens and four younger children, and they are all super, but I can't imagine them all being teenagers at the same time. I'd love to look deeper into your shopping plan.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post