Custom Search

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hershey Spreads Happiness

Spreading happiness is something that I get to see everyday. I am lucky enough to work in a facility where 45+ adults with mental disabilities live. It may seem funny but I have learned so much from these individuals over the years. One thing that I have learned is that no matter how bleak your life may look you can be happy. One great way to spread happiness is to share a smile. Smiling can often be contagious so if you keep a smile on your face not only will you be happy but those that meet and greet you will probably end of smiling as well.

Find a great topic to talk about and keep the smile going. One of my latest bright spots of conversation is my grandson that was born less than a week ago. It seems that babies have a great way to spread the joy of happiness because we know it is a miracle and a great beginning. The next time you are spending a few moments with someone on the elevator, in a cab, on the bus, at work even at a restaurant. Stop and say hi and share a conversation allows the day to be less boring and may just leave you both with smiles on your face and happiness in your hearts.

Perhaps one of the greatest ways to share happiness is through sharing chocolate. Keeping a few tasty bars of Hershey minis in your purse, pocket or bag allows you to be on the ready when you see someone having not such a bad day. Offer them a piece and allow them to take a step back in surprise and enjoy a moment where they can take a deep breath. Perhaps that little moment allows them to get hold of their selves and puts a bit of happiness on a other wise not so great day.

How do you spread happiness? I would love to know what ideas you have or have tried to bring happiness to the environment you are in. By keeping happiness in my heart, a smile on my face and the desire to spread happiness to others my life seems to be happier and more content. It is no fun to sing the blues and while there are times that this happens if you have helped to bring happiness to others then when you are singing the blues you can often count on others to return this blessed feeling as well.

I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Hershey's blogging program, for a gift card worth $25 and some product. For more information on how you can participate, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post