Custom Search

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Coconut Bark Almond Joy

With the concept of real food in mind as well as this being the day of the Almond I thought it would be a great time to share this recipe for coconut bark almond joy recipe from real food living

•6 Tablespoons coconut oil, organic, virgin, expeller-pressed


•1 teaspoon vanilla extract

•1 1/2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (my family likes less – I use 1 Tablespoon for their version and 1 1/2 for mine)

•1/2 teaspoon xylitol or stevia – more to taste (experiment with your own family preferences) –OR– 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup (My kiddoes like it MUCH sweeter and I use Agave Nectar for them, about 3 Tablespoons per batch.)

•2 Tablespoons unsweetened shredded or chopped coconut

•1/4 cup ounces almonds, raw, chopped

Measure the coconut oil (solid) and melt. Whisk in vanilla, cocoa and sweetener until COMPLETELY dissolved. Failure to do this will result in separation and an oily top. Whisk in remaining ingredients and again, make sure they are completely incorporated. Pour mixture into pan and tip pan to evenly spread to even thickness. (I use an 8 x 8 cake pan lined with parchment or 9 x 13 pan for double batch.) Place pan in freezer on level shelf and let sit 10 minutes (longer for double batch) or so. It will harden quickly and you simply snap off the desired amount to eat. Keep cold.


shared on kelly the kitchen kop


4 comments:

  1. Love coconut and almond. this is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I love how natural and simple this is (and healthy compared to actual chocolate bark!)

    I don't really mean to be picky, but I do find it a bit difficult to read the blue text on the dark red background. (Or maybe my eyes aren't as good as I think they are! :P)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks amazing!!! thanks. and i agree with withoutadornment... hard to read. i had to highlight it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post