Custom Search

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Granola Recipe and Welcome Wednesday


http://takeitfrom-me.blogspot.com/2011/02/welcome-wednesday-216.html


Photobucket Vanilla Almond Granola prepared in the crockpot


5 cups granola (not quick cooking)

1/2 cup oil or melted butter

1/2 cup honey

1 cup coconut

1 T Cinammon

1 T Vanilla

1 cup slivered almonds

(optional) dried fruit, chocolate chips, extra nuts,

Mix all ingredients except for the optional add-ins together in your crockpot and cook on high for 3-4 hours stirring every 30 minutes or so. Cover but make sure you vent with a chopstick (or spoon) so that you don't get soggy granola. When golden brown and cooked thoroughly, add any extra stuff you want (chocolate chips, dried fruit, extra nuts, etc.). The best part about making your own granola is that you can customize it to your tastes perfectly! Pour it onto a a piece of waxed paper or parchment and allow to cool thoroughly. Store in an airtight container for several weeks or freeze to eat later.

also shared on
Show and Tell Green

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that recipe. I had some of the best homemade granola that I won in a blogger's giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for posting this to Crock Pot Wednesday. I am very anxious to give it a try. Come often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! That looks amazing! I had no idea you could make granola in a crockpot!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post