Custom Search

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Gratituesday: Thankful For Memories of Daddy


This coming Sunday will be Fathers Day and while my father is no longer here with us I am thankful for all the great times that we spent together. My daddy was the father of three daughters and two sons. The girls were the oldest and I was the second oldest of them. I can remember my father taking us on the handy man jobs. It seems that he did not care if we were boys or girls we would and could always go with him. We washed windows, mowed yards, raked yards, and did what ever else that people would request. We would work side by side with my father during the week and on Sundays we would all go to church as a family. I can remember him singing with his deep voice and as I have shared on this blog before my fathers favorite song was Little Brown Church. My father was fair but demanding, he was loving but had a hard exterior and always always stood up for us and if we were in the wrong he would tell us that as well. So this Sunday I will miss my Father and have the best of memories that I will share with my kids and for that I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post