Custom Search

Monday, June 14, 2010

Cabbage Rolls Italian Style


Cabbage Rolls Italian Style

8 large cabbage leaves

1/2 c water

1 lb ground chuck beef

1 egg

1 c minute rice

3 T chopped onion

1 t salt

2 (8 oz cans) tomato sauce

1 T sugar

1 t oregano


Cook cabbage and water in microwave for 8 minutes on high til leaves are pliable. Cook meat, egg, rice, onion and salt Divide meat mix into eight equal portions Place one portion on each partially cooked cabbage leaf and roll meat into cooked leaf, securing with a toothpick if necessary Return to the three quart casserole placing rolls seam side down Blend sauce, sugar and oregano Pour over cabbage rolls Cover casserole Cook in microwave on high 15 to 17 minutes rotating dish 1/2 turn and basting with sauce after 9 minutes

2 comments:

  1. A girl after my own heart, minute rice--oh yeah! Thanks for stopping by Peaceful Divas!! Following you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMmm! I love stuffed cabbage! I haven't made them in a long time, I'll have to add this to my menu plan soon!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I don't mind at all if you "steal" my idea for your grandbaby's birthday! It was a lot of fun to put together and everyone enjoyed the candy buffet! Be sure to post pictures and stop back to let me know how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post