Custom Search

Friday, May 7, 2010

Aloha Friday

Aloha Friday is hosted by the blog An Island Life every friday. In Hawaii Fridays are a day to take it easy. Bloggers follow suit and take it easy asking an easy questions for those who visit to comment and answer



I have been blessed with many great ladies in my life from my great grandmas to my mother they have all been strong ladies. My great grandma was a school teacher and was a very smart lady. I can remember having great conversations with her and then watched her as she slowly declined. My great grandma noni was a special lady that I have fond memories of. My grandmother H. my moms mom was a strong lady as well as being very smart. She enjoyed nature and being a farmers wife was where she took pride. Active in the church I will never forget how pretty she sang. My grandmother S. on my daddy's side was a special lady as well. She loved to look her best, was a person that taught me a lot about working hard and how to be a lady. My mother was a person that I love very much but our relationship was not always great. I can remember many years of being rebellious and having a distant relationship with her. My mom never gave up though she kept trying and was always there. The year I was so busy with sick children I forgot my own birthday, the year I was in the hospital with my daughter and she showed up with cupcakes for my sons party at school. Yes you can say I feel very lucky that I was blessed with all these wonderful ladies in my life.


With all that said my Aloha Friday question to you is:
Do you have a fond memory of your mom or grandmother or another special lady in your life? If you want you can share with me.

11 comments:

  1. My mom, my daughter and I all having a nice day in the sun.

    Have a great Friday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/05/2322/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Aunt is my special person. She is more to a mom to me than my own mom. She is always there if I need her, unconditionally. My mom is a very distant person to everyone except my darling bother.

    http://lovemy2dogs.blogspot.com/2010/05/aloha-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandmother and I have a lot of terrific memories together - she taught me to bake, took me on day trips to NY, Boston, Salem, Plymouth, etc. We celebrated all the major holidays together like Thanksgiving, Easer, Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so many but one of my faves- we took my gramma on vacation to the beach with us and she would every day send my brother, sister and I out to sneak for an ice cream cone (one for her one for whichever of us, one at a time) she was a diabetic and it was such a rare treat for her and she just fell in love with frozen custard.
    It was her first (only) vacation that wasn't to a family members house and she (and we) had the BEST TIME EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My nan looked after my when i was younger whilst my mum was at work, so we've always been very close and I have lots of happy memories of her :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom and my daughters are very special in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom is my rock and best friend. She is the bomb and there are far too many special moments to list. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss my Grandma I have many special memories of times with her playing Bingo and shopping.

    My mom and I are still making memories. One of the times I do remember is when we took a trip to Las Vegas together. WE got a limo and everything take us to the airport

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two of my favorite memories are when my mom taught me how to make peanut butter cookies and when we sold 500+ boxes of Girl Scout Cookies one year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had an aunt who was the most caring and wonderful people I have ever met. She was a great cook, seamstress and all over homemaker. She is who I want to pattern myself after.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have many amazing memories of spending summer days at my Nana's house with her pool and my mother would always allow us to stay for a long time and do fun games with us. It was a great family time.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post