Custom Search

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Perfect spring recipes : Shepherds Pie

One of our favorite recipes that we have in early spring is Shepherds Pie. Here is a link to one of my favorite ones and I will share another one I found on find my recipes



2 cups prepared mashed potatoes (such as Simply Potatoes)
3/4 pound ground sirloin
3/4 cup picante sauce
1/3 cup water
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup (2 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat extrasharp cheddar cheese
Preparation
Prepare mashed potatoes according to package directions; keep warm.

Cook beef in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in picante sauce, water, cumin, sugar, salt, and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until mixture thickens (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat. Spoon mashed potatoes over meat mixture, and sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand 2 minutes or until cheese melts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post