Custom Search

Monday, January 25, 2010

Smokey Potato Skillet $5 dinner



Blessed with Grace





Smokey Potato Skillet


Pk smoked sausage links, cut in 1” pieces ($3)
2 celery ribs, chop (.25)
1 onion, chop (.50)
1 T butter ( in fridge)
2 c hot water
2/3 c milk ( in fridge)
1 pk au gratin potatos ($1)

total for this meal under $5

In skillet, sauté susage, celery, and onion in butter til veggies are tender. Stir in water, milk and sauce mix from potatos. Boil Stir in potatos, reduce heat: cover and simmer for 25 minutes or til potatoes are tender, stir once

find more recipes and meal ideas for $5 and under here

4 comments:

  1. my guys love it when I make fried potatoes and sausage. Using my (sprayed)large electric skillet, I usually melt some saved bacon grease first. Then add lots of thinly sliced potato (which have been quartered), thinly sliced onions (also first sliced in half and then into quarters) and sliced polish sausage (which has been sliced in half). When it's almost all the way done, I mix in frozen corn kernals.

    Buy the polish sausage rings when they are on sale 2 for 1 and you've got an inexpensive filling meal ;-}

    Thanks for stopping by my blog ;-}

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lovely site - colorful and happy - I like it! Great tips on keeping down the heating bills and the skillet dinner is something I'm going to try as well.

    Thanks also for stopping in at my blog. I'll be visiting yours again for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That potato recipe looks great. Thanks for linking your post to TMTT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy..this looks awesome. Who doesn't love potatoes

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post