Custom Search

Friday, December 17, 2010

Corn Flake Wreaths

this is a repost I will be making these for Sunday School and so I thought you all might like to see them as well. They are wreaths that are made with cornflakes in a like manner of rice krispy treats.


I first made these cookies when I was in home ec in junior high. Since then I have made them nearly every year. They are easy delicious and so fun for kids to help you make





Cornflake Wreath Cookies
Cornflake Wreath Cookies
1/2 cup butter
3 cups miniature marshmallows
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp green food color
4 cups corn flakes
red hot candies
silver dragées

Melt butter, add marshmallows, stirring until all marshmallows are melted. Add extracts and food coloring; stir until it is a uniform green color. When mixture is smooth, add corn flakes; mix well but gently so as not to crush the cornflakes. Form into wreath shapes on sheets of waxed paper, decorate with red cinnamon candies and silver dragées. Let cool.

shared on from my tiny kitchen and Ann Roker

6 comments:

  1. We make those too! Yours look a lot nicer than mine though...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each year they turn out a bit different. Thanks for your comment and loved your visit

      Delete
  2. what a fun idea, you're just giving me so many cool things to do. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. keep watching planning on sharing lots more thanks for your comment and visit

      Delete
  3. We used to make these when I was little and I had forgotten about them until I saw your picture!!
    I know what I'll be doing with my girls next week!!
    Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats great share your memories as you make some new ones thanks for sharing your plans and for your visit

      Delete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post