Custom Search

Friday, October 23, 2009

Candy Apple Fun Facts





Candy Apple Fun Facts

Candy Apples were first introduced in Arabian cuisine. The reason was that fruit was candied to preserve it. Americans have over the years turned that practice into gigantic apples covered everything from red candy and caramel to chocolate, peanuts, popcorn, and more chocolate.
Soldiers in World War I were slanged "toffee apples"
Candy Apples are popular all over the world. China vendors sell them on bicycle, England celebrates Guy Fawkes Day with caramel apples on November 5
Everything from a Kool-Aid flavor to a nail-polish shade has been named candy apple red. The evocative color has been used as a finish on a Fender Stratocaster guitar, and Joe Bailon, a legendary car customizer, created a classic finish of the same name, which he first applied to his 1950s Chevy coupe.
Making your own? Start with tart, firm apples, which offset the sweet coating. The best picks: Granny Smith, Gala, and McIntosh. Here's a Caramel Apples recipe.

3 comments:

  1. I love candy apples!!! They are a favorite fall treat!! Great post =) and the photo of the apple is mouth watering! thanks for stopping by my skywatch =) Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It reminds me of my childhood. Aww sweet memories ^^

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post