Custom Search

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

carrot and raisin salad



2 10oz bags of pre-shredded carrots or 12 medium fresh carrots, finely shredded
1 20oz can crushed pineapple, with juice separated
3/4 C pineapple juice, drained from canned pineapple
1 C raisins or dried currants, plumped in hot water
1 C plain Greek yogurt or mayonnaise
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice

Soak raisins in hot water to plump
Drain juice off of crushed pineapple into a cup. Combine 3/4 C of the drained pineapple juice with the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and sugar in a small bowl.
Drain water off the raisins.
In a large bowl, gently combine drained raisins, crushed pineapple, and shredded carrots.
Pour the yogurt mixture over the top and stir to coat.
Chill for at least an hour.
Stir before serving.

shared this spring like salad at
wow me wednesday 
friendship friday

12 comments:

  1. This sounds like a lovely recipe, I never thought to put raisins in a salad, great idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby would really love this one! He loves all kind of sweet and crunchy salads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this looks super yummy. I will definitely have to try this. I love trying new recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a perfect side dish for a summer dinner, going to save this one for when it finally warms up outside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, carrot and raisin salad. It should be very tasty. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like an interesting change from the typical picnic salads or green salads. It would be a great way to get kids to eat fruits and veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carrot and Raisin salad looks so delicious and healthy, would love to try this recipe. I love trying new recipes, especially salads are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! This salad sounds great. I personally like anything with pineapple. So I can’t wait to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love different salad recipes especially this season because I prefer having them for lunch. I'd love to give this one a try! I've never had carrot and pineapple in one recipe before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been looking for some new salad recipes so this is definitely going on my list. Thanks so much for this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way you write and share your niche! Very interesting and different! Keep it coming!
    আনারসের উপকারিতা

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post