Custom Search

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Creamy Taco Mac

Looking for a delicious way to feed your family and know exactly what is in it.  This taco mac is super easy to make and very kid friendly. This make at home meal is perfect on those busy nights. 





1 1/4 lb. ground meat (I used 1 lb. ground turkey, 1/4 lb. ground beef as that's what I had)
8 oz. dry pasta + 1 cup reserved pasta water
1 can (14.5 oz.) petite diced tomatoes
4 Tbsp. mild taco seasoning
3 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
S & P
Cheddar Cheese to taste

Directions:  Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook pasta per directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.  Over medium heat, brown meat until no longer pink. Drain and add taco seasoning and diced tomatoes. Allow to simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Add cooked pasta, reserved water, cream cheese and sour cream. Stir until cheese and cream is incorporated and melted. Simmer over low heat about 3 minutes. Season with S & P as desired. Top off with desired amount of cheddar cheese.

Modifications:
-I used the whole package of taco seasoning.

Here's what I started with:


Here's how I did it:

#1  I put the noodles in boiling water and cooked them according to the package.  I also browned the hamburger meat.



#2 Once the beef was browned, I added a package of taco seasoning.


#3 I added a can of diced tomatoes.


#4 After the noodles were cooked, I drained them and added them to the ground beef.

#5 Next, came 1/2 of a block of light cream cheese and 1/2 cup of sour cream.  Mix altogether.



The Finished Product:






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post