The week of September 11 - 17 is National Truck Driver Appreciation Week. It is a week for trucking industry to get an opportunity to formally recognize the efforts of professional truck drivers. State trucking associations, industry suppliers and motor carriers of all sizes host appreciation events this week for the men and women who safely deliver the country's freight.
Professional truck drivers are important individuals who work in our communities year round. They truly deserve our respect and praise. The truck driver friends I have work hard for their families some are gone for weeks at a time others are home at night but they all work hard delivering goods that we need.
If you are a truck driver there are many deal that are coming your way set up with you the hard working deliverer of goods. These include
Several companies have conducted appreciation events and specials to celebrate truckers, including companies like Swift, Love’s Denny’s and several others. Thank you all for driving and keeping safety in mind
- Swift Transportation will celebrate its drivers all week inconjunction with the company’s 50th-anniversary celebration.
- Trucking Moves America Forward is extending its educational outreach program to showcase the necessity of truck drivers to the public. This includes targeted advertising on billboards along major highways, digital advertisements and an op-ed campaign in media outlets.
- The Freightliner Dealership Fyda Freightliner is recognizing its customers by offering complimentary treats and coffee along with a daily “Fyda Freebie” gift which will be different each day.
- For the entire month of September, Love’s is giving away more than 20 million My Love Rewards points and 2,000 of its loyalty members will win 10,000 points instantly, worth $100. Drivers can enter to win 500,000 points by swiping the My Love Rewards card on fuel, merchandise or tire care purchases during the month-long event.
- RoadPro is partnering with a variety of brands to give truckers a chance to win products from brands such as SiriusXM, Globetech, Garmin, Howes, FPPF, Plantronics and ToughTested as part of the RoadPro and Friends Trucker Appreciation Prize-a-Day Giveaway. RoadPro’s council members and sales team will also be handing out RoadPro ballcaps to truck drivers.
- Denny’s will offer special discounts and prizes at participating travel center locations and will also host a sweepstakes to win prizes such as Denny’s gift cards or free Grand Slams for a year. Diners will also have the chance to receive discounted meals with scratch-off card deals and a discount key tag that is good through Dec. 31, 2017.
- Boss Truck Shops is hosting free barbecues at all 44 Boss Shop locations during Driver Appreciation Weeks on different days. Contact Boss Truck Shops for details on specific days and times.