Custom Search

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Sweet and Easy Cornbread

September the 1st means a couple of things, tommorow is my grand-daughters birthday and fall will soon be here. Both call for celebrations and I am willing to celebrate by enjoying my day and getting in the kitchen. This recipe offers all those that like a sweeter cornbread exactly what they are looking for. Often cornbread ends up being dry, crumbly and perfect for beans but not exactly what I want to serve alone.


Sweet and Easy Cornbread



1 yellow cake mix
2 Jiffy cornbread mixes
Oil, milk, and eggs according to package directions

Preheat oven according to directions on cake mix box. Combine cake mix and cornbread mixes in a large bowl. Add eggs, oil, and milk according to package directions (replace all water with milk). Mix together according to cake mix directions.


Bake according to directions on cake mix. Usually around 20 minutes for the muffins and 30 for the cake. If you find that it is not done in the center and browning too quickly, cover with foil and keep cooking until middle is done.




*This makes a lot of cornbread and since I don't really like using half a cake mix I usually just make it all and freeze the leftovers. You can either do 24 muffins, 12 muffins and a 9 x13 or a 9x13 and 8x8 pan. *

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post