Custom Search

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Zucchini Pancakes


My grandson loves to eat and one of his favorite things is pancakes. When I found this recipe at allrecipes I had to try it. It would offer him pancakes but also veggies. How could we go wrong?? Surprisingly he loved them.


2 cups grated zucchini
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
1/2 cup GLUTEN-FREE  flour
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon fresh basil sliced
1/8 cup olive oil, or as needed

Blot grated zucchini with paper towels to remove moisture.
Stir zucchini, eggs, and green onion in a large bowl.
Mix flour, Parmesan cheese, baking powder, salt, and basil in a separate bowl.
Stir mixture into zucchini until batter is just moistened.
Heat  oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Drop quarter cups of zucchini batter into hot oil.
pan fry until golden, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Drain pancakes on a paper towel-lined plate.
Eat and enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Those look really good. I have some zucchini that I was wondering what I was going to do with. Think I'm going to give this recipe a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love zucchini so many different recipes both new and old

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post