I Dream of Jeannie
I Dream of Jeannie Theme (1965)
... Because Harriet requested it. If you're not familiar with today's song, you can hear it here.
1) Jeannie was memorably discovered on the beach in an ornate bottle. Have you ever brought a souvenir home from the beach? (It doesn't have to be a genie. A shell or a stone will do.)
yes we love sea glass and sea shells
2) Major Anthony Nelson, the man who released Jeannie from her bottle, was an astronaut. When you were a kid, did you dream of being an astronaut when you grew up?
no my dreams were of a teacher, a nurse or a lawyer
3) Upon discovering Jeannie, Major Nelson's first wish was that she could speak/understand English so they could communicate. If you found a genie, what would your first wish be?
his wish was very smart and it would depend on exactly how many wishes I would have
4) Major Nelson's best friend was fellow astronaut Major Healey. Where did you meet your best friend?
I have had a variety of best friends through my life. My oldest best friend we were born in same hospital one day apart , several best friends I met at work and the best friend I have had for the past 30 years I married
5) This theme song was written by Hugo Montenegro, who is better known for the music he wrote for a pair of Clint Eastwood movies (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and A Fistful of Dollars). Do you have a favorite Clint Eastwood movie?
love dirty hairy
6) The last episode of the series was titled, "My Master, The Chili King." What ingredients make up your favorite chili recipe?
ground beef, tomatoes, seasoning, and some other items. Top it with cheese and fix pb sandwiches as well
7) Jeannie was played by Barbara Eden, who was born in Tuscon, Arizona. Summer in Tuscon can get very hot, with the mercury often reaching 100º. What's your favorite season?
my favorite is fall a bit cooler but still so much to do.
8) Anthony Nelson was played by Larry Hagman, who went on to play the villainous JR on the popular Dallas. Can you think of anything else Dallas is known for?
oil and who shot JR
9) In the autumn of 1965, just weeks after I Dream of Jeannie premiered, St. Louis' famous Gateway Arch was completed. An estimated 4 million tourists visit the Arch every year. Do you have any summer vacation plans?
we will be going to several local destinations no real big trips
play along here