Custom Search

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Memory ::: Berry Picking



When I was a kid I can remember looking for blue berries, black berries, raspberries and sasafrass to name just a few. The goodness that Mother Nature blesses us with in the spring and summer months. If you know what you are looking for there are goodies out there that will offer a treat or a great ingredient to make a special treat. The recipe I share with you today calls for raspberries as one of the main ingredients. I can remember picking these and often eating more than was in my bucket. If you have no time to pick berries you can head out to the farmers market or grocery store to get some berries to create this yummy recipe. Enjoy!!!!




6 cup(s) sliced and peeled peaches
1 cup(s) fresh raspberries (one container)
2/3 cup(s) sugar (would probably reduce this to 1/2 cup next time)
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
Cinnamon
2 pre-made pie crusts 
Let the pie crusts come to room temperature
Preheat oven to 375 F
Prepare the fruit (wash, peel, slice, etc.)
Mix the fruit, sugar, lemon juice and corn starch in a large bowl
Lay one of the pie crusts into an un-greased glass pie baking dish
Pour the fruit filling

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post