Custom Search

Monday, June 6, 2016

Remembering D-Day

I have had the great opportunity and pride to take care of many individuals through out the years. No more than those that have served our country. Whether in service during war time or peace time I feel that they all deserve our appreciation. I have worked as a nurses aide for 25+ years. All these years I have cared for many veterans, in the early years some of those veterans had served during War and been involved or been in service during D-Day. Today seventy + years after the invasion known as D-Day we think of those brave men again. 

Young American and our Allies men were set up to battle an enemy never seen before. These men were sons, fathers, husbands and friends. The place would be the French coast of Normandy. Their minds were set on helping the free world and those that were not free at the time. The cruel Nazi tyranny promised to take over and someone (these men) had to do something. The goal was to free the people of France and Europe and to liberate those in the concentraion camps. The goal was to end the Holocaust and ensure freedom for parents, wives and children back home. They did it when all odds were against them and seemed that darkness would take over.

If you know of a soldier then pat them on the back and let them know that you appreciate all they do. For it is for men like them that ensure our freedom that we all too often take for granted.


The more I learned about these men while I was researching and writing The Auschwitz Escape, the more impressed, humbled and grateful I became.
Today, let us honor the men who fought — those who died and those who survived. Let us remember them, and all our veterans, in prayer.
The following are remarks delivered by President Ronald Reagan on June 6, 1984 commemorating the 40th Anniversary of the Invastion of Normandy. It is one of my favorite presidential speeches. I commend it to your attention. I encourage you to read it to your kids, or watch it here on this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post