Life is busy and many of us are always on the run. We often run down on energy and start to run out of steam and know we need a pick me up. So what makes a great snack that is able to go on the road?? After all everything that we pick up and put in our mouths make a difference. We made the commitment to continue on to work on getting healthier, slimmer and feeling better. We all want to look our best and feel great.
Here are a handful of snacks that will help us reach our goal.
- cereal offers a crunchy snack that will taste good and give a bit of energy. Simply set up a few different baggies of cereal so when you need a snack you have it at hand. To help stave off hunger and add more nutrition throw in a few nuts as well.
- yogurt smoothie: adds calcium and protien to your diet which is needed to keep going and many have less than 100 calories a smoothie.
- string cheese: low in calories high in calcium and protien. Throw in a few crackers and you have the perfect quick snack. The best thing is this can be a snack that both you and your child will love.
- fruit: as they say an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Fruit offers your body nutrients they need with many under 100 calories a serving.
- whole grain snack bar or granola bar- these are easy to go to snack, breakfast or whenever we need a pick me up. The teens love them so they are always in the freezer or fridge when needed
- instant oatmeal - a heart healthy snack, easy to prepare with just a bit over 100 calories a serving
- popcorn - a crunchy pick me up that you can find in snack size 100 calories bags. Popcorn seems to fill one up quickly and yes it is a vegetable