Wednesday, January 13, 2016
Gluten Free Coffee Cake
1 (15 ounce) package yellow cake mix by Gluten Free Pantry
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix by Jello
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix by Jello
1 cup water
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup fine chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan, or a 10 inch Bundt cake pan.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the cake mix, vanilla pudding mix, and butterscotch pudding mix.
3. Add the eggs, oil and water, mix until well blended.
4. In another bowl, stir together the brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts.
5. Pour half of the nut mixture in the top of the Bundt pan (so the topping will come out on the top)
6. Pour half of the batter into the pan, on top of the nut mixture.
7. Cover the "middle" section with the remaining nut mixture.
8. Pour in the rest of the cake mix over the nuts.
9. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, then turn the oven down to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) and bake for an additional 35 to 40 minutes.
Make sure that you check the ingredients to confirm that they don't include gluten.
I find that this cake keeps well in the refridgerator for several days and freezes well, too.