I love peach pie and these little fried pies allows us the delicious taste in a smaller size. Yummy!!!
- 6-7 ounces dried fruit (I used peaches, can use apples, apricots, or other dried fruit)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice (optional, but I use it)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (optional, but I use it)
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Tsp salt
- ½ Cup shortening
- ½ Cup of milk (can add a little more if needed)
- Place dried fruit in a pot and add water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer until fruit is tender. Add other ingredients and mash together with a potato masher or fork. Set aside while dough is prepared.
- In medium bowl, place flour and salt. Stir together. Cut in shortening with a long tined fork. Add in milk and stir until dough sticks together. Divide into ten portions. Roll each portion out on a floured surface into a five or six inch circle. Place two tablespoons of filling in each. Wet the edges and fold over, crimping with a fork.
- Cook in oil which has been heated on medium heat, until browned on both sides, turning as needed. Remove to paper towel lined plate.