Custom Search

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wayback Wednesday: Rembering the Season of The Sluggers






1989 was the season of the sluggers. I can remember everyone that I would talk to would have their opinion of who would beat the record. Both Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa also challenged the national imagination Eventually McGwire would beat the record hitting 70 homeruns and Sosa would follow close by hitting 66 homeruns ``This is a season I will never, ever forget,'' an emotional McGwire told a roaring hometown crowd at Busch Stadium, ``and I hope everybody in baseball never forgets.

3 comments:

  1. Baseball what an American instituion! I love the sport, but I don't watch it. I prefer getting outdoors to play it. Well, I did when I was a kid, not so much now that I'm 40-something. lol. Thanks for sharing your personal memory from '89!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The great American sport. I remembering playing it in school for Physical Education. The rest I sometimes watch on TV. Come check out my memories of 1998.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post