Custom Search

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pine Cone Bird Feeder

Don't forget our feathered friends this fall/winter their food supply is limited and they depend on us to help them. This is a fun activity to do with children and is a great way to teach them about helping others as well.

Pine cone (can use a paper towel roll too)
Peanut butter (or other type of nut butter)
Wire or string
Dull knife for spreading
Bird seed

Tie a piece of string around the widest part of the cone. Spread peanut butter on the pine cone and sprinkle with seed or mix the seed and peanut butter and then spread on the pinecone. Tie the string onto a branch on a tree outside for the birds to enjoy

shared at
Somewhat Simple House of Hepworths Feathered Nest Fridays

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the reminder. We need to collect pine cones! I remember doing this with girl scouts, but have yet to make them with my kids. I think it's the mess factor that's been keeping me from it. But you can't have fun without getting at least a little sticky, right?!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post