Custom Search

Thursday, October 20, 2011

MidTerm Report

The other day my child bravely brought home a note from his teacher. It was a midterm report and a note that reminded parents to sign up for parent / teacher conference. I have visited the teacher many different times and while I have learned not to be overwhelming I also do not want to have the teacher in full controll of the meeting to where I can not ask questions or get input. A small checklist of items that I make a list of before meeting the teacher is

what area does the teacher see my child have strength in , what area do they think my child is weakest in

any recomendations of what I can do at home to help my child

does the school offer any programs that will help my child such as after school tutoring, reading class etc...

what is the best way to get a message from the teacher if I need to talk to them (some teachers have certian times and days that are best to call, others may prefer a note, and yet some have an open door where parent can feel to talk to teacher any time)

make sure that the teacher has contact information for me how to get hold of me if needed

With these few areas in mind and a conversation started the school year seems to normally go better Do you have any tips for parent teacher meetings? Would love to hear them

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post