Custom Search

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Slow Cooked Chili Beef Soft Tacos

Since I will be heading back to work my slow cooker will also be going back to work. I love to use the slow cooker because it can cook while I am at work and then when I get home it is done and delicious and I don't have to make supper because it is all ready done. Here is a great recipe from All You April 28 that I will be trying soon



2 16-oz. jars mild or medium tomato-based salsa


2 tablespoons cider vinegar

5 teaspoons chili powder

1 1/2 pounds beef chuck pot roast, fat trimmed

12 6-inch corn tortillas

3/4 cup sour cream

3 cups shredded lettuce

1 avocado

Spoon 1 cup salsa into a small bowl; reserve. In a slow cooker, combine remaining salsa with vinegar and chili powder. Add beef, cover and turn heat to low. Cook until beef shreds easily with a fork, 10 to 12 hours. Shred meat, using two forks, and spoon into a serving bowl. Preheat oven to 300°F. Stack tortillas, wrap in foil and bake until warm, about 10 minutes. Place sour cream and lettuce in bowls. Just before serving, pit, peel and dice avocado and place in a small bowl. Put out bowls (including salsa) and assemble tacos at table

If your family is anything like mine and love tacos and mexican food then you may want to check out these cookbooks as well


TacosTacos


Tacos: Authentic, Festive & FlavorfulTacos: Authentic, Festive & Flavorful



sponsors this week include Barefoot Books,    Balboa Pillows   Aurora Gifts  Little Ones    Happy Baby Foods   Zutano     and PawParrazi

1 comment:

  1. I am now following you. Love the recipes, Im defintly going to try them.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post