Custom Search

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Vegetable Casserole for fall or thanksgiving recipe



The blog Tasty Eats at Home is hosting a special meme known as Holiday Food Fest. This will run weekly on Thursdays through November and December. Please visit to see what wonderful recipes are shared as well as to add your own. This weeks addition is for what you will serve for thanksgiving or a favorite fall dish. The recipe I share covers both well and is one of my hubbys favorite recipes.

Vegetable casserole


1 can Veg-All, drained
1 c. onion, chopped
1 c. celery, chopped
1 can water chestnuts, sliced
1 c. Hellmann's mayonnaise
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 stick butter, melted
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

1 1/2 c cooked diced chicken
20 Ritz crackers, crushed

Combine vegetables, mayonnaise and soup; place in casserole dish and top with mixture of butter and Worcestershire sauce. Cover with cracker crumbs and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
.

3 comments:

  1. This recipe looks great. Do you think I can make it without the celery?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good side, and different than most! I like it. thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the addition of the water chestnuts! They add such a delightful crunch. :-)

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post