Custom Search

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday Stealing




Today we ripped this meme off a blogger known as Tattooed Minivan Mom from the blog The Scattered Mind of a Tattooed Minivan Mom. She explains that she got it from Janana Bee. It appears Jana might have actually written this meme. But, it could have stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing



Sunday Stealing originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser.

Sunday Stealing: Janana's Now Vs. Then Meme
It's been a while since we had to post rules. But here we will list the relevent ones:

*Think back to ten years ago on this month.
*Write truthful answers and ELABORATE. This makes it more interesting!
*If you don't have a scanner you may omit #14 but I think if you do you should totally do it!
*It's about personal changes. Have fun with it!

Then: August 1999

1. Age: 29

2. Romantic Status: married

3. Occupation: nurses aide working my tail end off (over time were killers)

4. Fun night out: take kids to something fun

5. My BFFs: The VanMeter sisters, Melody the girls at work

6. I spent way too much time: at work making money for the kids

7. I spent not enough time: enjoying the kids growing up

8. I wanted to be when I grew up: a lawyer can you believe that

9. Biggest concern: my daughter runing in the wrong group

10. What my biggest concern should have been: my dad and how bad his health was

11. Where did I live: central IL

12. Dumbest thing I did that year: worked way to much

13. If I could go back now and talk to myself I would say: stop and take a look around you it won't always be like this you need to take time and enjoy what you have

14. Picture of me then: don't have one

Now: August 2009

1. Age: 39

2. Romantic Status: married

3. Occupation: mom, grandma, babysitter, blogger, consignmen shop co owner

4. Fun night out: night out with kids if they are home or friends

5. My BFFs: still same old ones but now also Judy and Nan and girls on blogs

6. I spend way too much time: blogging (did I say that LOL)

7. I spend not enough time: following doctors advice

8. I want to be when I grow up: doing what I love all ready

9. Biggest concern: my children getting in the colleges they want to


10. What my biggest concern should be: my health and not ending up like my dad


11. Where do I live: southern Il

12. Dumbest thing I have done this year: not listened to doctor ended up in hospital over that one

13. What I think I would say to myself in 10 years: hang in there girl its not always going to be like this you did well and now time to enjoy the grandbabies and know that the kids are doing great (I hope)

Summary:

1. What do I miss most from 1999: my dad having fun being able to talk to him, there are many others that passed away as well I love them all very much and miss them

2. What do I miss least from 1999: working all that overtime

3. What have I accomplished in 10 years that I am most proud of: I own my own business, kids are doing great

4. What have I NOT accomplished in 10 years that I wish I had: I wish daughter had finished college and that I had taken more time to enjoy those that I love

play along here

4 comments:

  1. ANNIE, there's no room for regrets where it concerns our health. wow, you must be one cool grandma. happy sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What at great grandmother and mother to boot. And your own business. You done well mu friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I've learned anything when it comes to health issues, it's that we need to pay attention to what our body tells us and to listen to the concerns of others. You can't go back, but you sure can move forward at full speed!

    My daughter got married in January, so I'm waiting for my turn to be a grandmother. Maybe next year. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seem very happy and well adjusted. But I'm not really surprised! Happy Sunday, Annie...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post