Custom Search

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What I learned this week


What I learned this week is that no matter how many years seperate you and your old school friends there will always be a connection. I recently have been spending time on facebook and have connected with many of my old friends. I found a dear friend of mine that was really close to me until I moved away in the 7th grade. This friend and I was born the day after I was in a small town hospital. We were very aware of it and loved to brag about it to so many of our friends. Well I caught up with him but since we had not seen each other in 20+ years I simply said that we had been old classmates and shared my maiden name with him. When he came back with the wonderful story that I just shared without me saying a word to him. I was delighted. That bond had stayed there through the many many years. I have met many other friends caught up with them they are scattered all of the world and I love facebook because we can talk and leave each other notes as if we lived next door to each other.
That is what I learned what did you learn? Head over to the blog Musings of a House Wife and share what you learned.

6 comments:

  1. Howdy Annie
    This was reallly a great story with a happy ending.
    I have finally allowed my cousin to get me to join now all I have to do is find time to keep up with
    facebook,twitter,blogging,family,
    etc...
    :)

    Big Hugs
    Happy Trails

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sweet. :) I like facebook too, it's a fun way to connect, share photos with friends and families and just say silly things that no one cares about, LOL - like "so and so" - just ate a peanut butter sandwich... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always great to connect with old friends and reminisce about the good old times. It's great that technology today aids us with that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've connected with grade school friends - people I've not seen in over 20 years. FB is good like that. The blog world is good like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have found old friends on facebook. It's a great way to keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah for facebook - it can suck up lots of your time if you let it, but can have great benefits, like this, too.

    Lovely you were able to reconnect.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post