Custom Search

Monday, February 23, 2009

monday musings



Hold fast to dreamsFor if dreams dieLife is a broken-winged birdThat cannot fly.~ Langston Hughes ~
My qoute comes from Langston Hughes who was a poet in yesterdays era. I love the qoute because as we enter the true love waits ceremony at church dreams become an onquest for me. You see I was a teenage mommy who at a very young age lost all my dreams. My mother told me to get by I had to have dreams and goals or life would not be great. I made new goals and dreams and reached for them and now as I see my children graduate highschool and enter college I know that the reality of the world is still there but somehow my goals and dreams have helped my children to get through life
For more monday musing visit candy hearts and paper flowers

1 comment:

  1. As life changes our dreams change. I try to think of it as dreams evolving instead of dying. I still have 1 or 2 from high school that I'm still holding out hope for :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post