Custom Search

Monday, November 20, 2017

Winter is Coming Protect Your Dry Skin


The winter weather for many of us has all ready arrived with more,,, much more,,,,, to come. This for me and many others means skin issues will be around for a while as well. Winter weather is harsh on the body and skin has not been left out. Cold weather with low humidity levels result in dry air. The dry air leaves the skin dry as moisture escapes. Dry skin can lead to cracking and bleeding. Harsh winter winds only makes the problem worse. Heat that helps the body stays warm makes the problem worst. Those hot showers that I adore are as bad.




A few tips to try this winter are:

Rather than using that hot water we all love try to replace it with lukewarm water. Your hot shower is most likely the only place that you use hot water. I know for sure I wash my hands a number of times and my face at least 2 times a day. These later times are the times to try to change to lukewarm water.

I can recall my mother keeping a bottle of lotion near every sink in the house and as I grew older I understood why, One of the best times to lotion your hands is right after washing them. As your hands are towel damp use lotion to help seal in some of the moisture.

Protect your skin with gloves and scarves so that the cold will not do so much damage. Sunscreen is very important to protect the skin just like in the summer. The sun is still present giving off those rays even if the day is a lot cooler.

Hydration is very important. Remember to drink a good amount of water. Just like in the warm months you need to stay hydrated in the winter time as well.

Dining on foods high in water content can help you stay hydrated as well. Watermellon, cantaloupe, apples, oranges, kiwi, and other watery veggies like celery, tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, and carrots can all help you stay hydrated. Get enough vitamin C and zinc to help your skin.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post