2 cups finely chopped broccoli
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon dry basil
2 egg whites
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Heat the butter and oil in a wide non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, for about 3 minutes (until the onion begins to soften).
3. Stir in the broccoli, garlic, basil and parsley.
4. Continue cooking, stirring often, for about 3 more minutes (until the broccoli is bright green).
5. Remove from heat and stir in 2 tablespoons of the cheese, salt and pepper.
6. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and egg whites until well blended. Stir in the broccoli mixture.
7. Spray a shallow 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
8. Pour the broccoli mixture into the dish and sprinkle evenly with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
9. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven for about 25-30 minutes (until the frittata is firm in the center when touched).
Servings: 6 at 150 calories each