Custom Search

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Danger Alert : Imaired Driving ;;;;;; Dont Do It

 

According to the CDC nearly 30 people in the United States die in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol impaired driver. One death every 30 minutes is entirely too many. Not to mention the financial cost of crashes which is estimated at $59 billion. Thus, the problem of drinking and driving is major for everyone.

 
In 2013, there were 10,076 deaths caused by alcohol impaired driving crashes. That was nearly 1/3 of all traffic related deaths in the U.S. In 2012 over 1.3 million drivers were arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics.

 
Young people have more of a chance of being involved in a crash than older individuals. I believe this must be something about the experience they may have behind the wheel It is also younger drivers who between 21 and 24 that the stats from CDC show drive the most under the influence. Motorcyclists killed in fatal crashes in 2013 more than 1/4 of them were driving with their blood alcohol level at .08% or more. Drivers over the age of 40 have the greatest percent of deaths and have more blood alcohol levels than younger drivers.


Our own family on one more than one occasion has been met fatally with car crashes that were results of drinking and driving. So my golden rule as the kids got older was no matter where they were if they did not feel safe come and get me. Driving while drinking was something I always took a stand on I would express my opinion very loudly and remind all that listened that it could result in death.

Some of my children have since married and my middle daughter married a fine hard working man but he does like a drink or two on his day off. My daughter a hard worker herself went to bed with her husband and brother drinking. I have no idea which one had the bright idea but they decided while drinking to take a ride across town to go to another party. Unfortunately for them it did not end the way they wanted to. Fortunately for me it was something that resulted in a car crash but no deaths and being in the middle of the night they hit a truck with no passengers simply parked on side of road instead of another car with passengers. I say fortunate because they could all walk away the truth is it changed lives forever. My son in law went to jail, court and now pays a large fine, had to fix his vehicle, did several hours of community service and now attends class and makes payments on a large fine

Please think about drinking and driving, hand those keys off to someone who will not be drinking it may save your life and a whole lot of problems.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post