Custom Search

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Monopoly trivia

Since this is scrabble week and I have been sharing a few different post about scrabble here on Annies Home thought that I would share some trivia about another one of my favorite games. Monopoly.
Did you know....


Monopoly
BoardGamePatentMagie.png">commons.wikimedia.org
 
One of the most famous board games of all time, responsible for endless hours of wholesome family fun and/or devastating family arguments, was invented by Elizabeth Magie in 1904 under the original name The Landlord’s Game. Magie’s game was a critique of the injustices of unchecked capitalism, making it all the more ironic when her game was completely ripped off by Charles Darrow 30 years later, who sold it to Parker Brothers. The firm eventually tracked down Magie and paid her $500 for her troubles

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post