Custom Search

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Cider time

One of my old friends, well we have nearly been friends for 1/2 century is also a school teacher. Recently he allowed his class a fun project by inviting a lady (the cider lady) to demonstrate how to make fresh apple cider. It was an event that allowed young children to see something that many adults have never seen and many including myself would love to.
 
 
I thought I would share a recipe with you. I love to enjoy cider this way. A good friend many years ago introduced me to warm spice cider and I thought I would share another that I liked this recipe is from taste of home.
 
 
1 gallon apple cider or apple juice
1 cup orange juice
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon orange extract
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
4 cinnamon sticks
2 teaspoons whole clove
1 teaspoon whole allspice
In a Dutch oven, combine the first five ingredients. Place the cinnamon sticks, cloves and allspice on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Add to the pan. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until flavors are blended (do not boil). Discard spice bag. Yield: 4-1/2 quarts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post