Custom Search

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Happy Birthday Ronald Reagon

I can remember a childhood argument I had quite some time on the conterversy of politics. Who would have known a girl of 8 years old would remember the debate and share it nowhere on this blog. The truth is that I was for the current president then Jimmy Carter and she was strong on Ronald Regon. It would be Reagon who would win and do great things during his time in office. Today is his birthday and I thought I would do a bit of research I found some great information and a recipe as well would it  seem funny to you that a man that held so much power, that looked great on the big screen as a movie and even better (to me) as president could love something as simple as macaroni and cheese not to his wife Nancy who shared this recipe some time ago.



 

 

Ronald Reagan's Favorite Macaroni and Cheese

1/2 pound macaroni
1 teaspoon butter
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon hot water
1 cup milk
3 cups shredded sharp cheese

   Boil macaroni in water until tender; drain thoroughly. Stir in butter and egg. Mix mustard and salt with hot water; add to milk. Add cheese to macaroni, leaving enough to sprinkle on top. Pour macaroni and cheese into buttered 1-quart casserole; add milk mixture; sprinkle with reserved cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until custard is set and top is crusty. Serves 6-8.


shared at
 photo TGIF_zps40a588c0.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post