Custom Search

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Good Bye Phil



Phil Everly one of the brothers from the duo the Everly Brothers passed away yesterday January 3, 2013. He was born into a musical family having a musician father and growing up performing music with his brother Don.  The Everly Brothers recorded numerous hits including "Wake Up Little Suzie" "Cathy's Clown" and "All I Have To DO Is Dream" The Brothers were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1986  In 1997 the pair was graced with the Lifetime Achievement Grammy.
     I used to sing this song of theirs years ago when my "Little Suzie" was a little girl. Sometimes it was to wake her up, sometimes it was to make her smile but mostly it was to let her know I loved her .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post