Strawberry Shortcake Triflerecipe source here
Makes 6 Strawberry Shortcake Trifle Desserts (6 X 8-ounce cup capacity) & 4 Strawberry-Cranberry Jelly Desserts (4 X 8-ounce cup capacity)
- Strawberry Jelly
- Sweetened Whipped Cream
- Angel Food Cake - Store-bought or homemade
Strawberry Jelly(From Donna Hay Magazine – Issue 54)
- 500 g (2 heaping cups) fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2½ teaspoons gelatine powder
- 3 cups (750 ml) cranberry juice
- ½ cup caster (superfine granules) sugar
- Wash, hull and slice the strawberries. Refrigerate until ready to assemble trifles.
- Place the gelatine and ½ cup cranberry juice in a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes or until the gelatine is absorbed.
- Place the remaining cranberry juice and sugar in a small-sized saucepan over medium heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, add the gelatine and stir to combine.
- Transfer the jelly to a heatproof pouring vessel. Set aside to cool for 20 minutes.
- Remove the strawberries from the refrigerator. Arrange the strawberries in the base of the dessert cups and pour over the jelly mixture.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours until set.
Sweetened Whipped Cream
Assembling Strawberry Shortcake Trifle
- Using a serrated knife cut 6 slices (1.9-cm /¾-inch wide) of Angel Food Cake. Using a cookie cutter cut the Angel Food Cake to fit in the base of the dessert cup and place on top of the set strawberry jelly.
- Transfer the Sweetened Whipped Cream to a large pastry bag fitted with a large plain tip.
- Pipe the Sweetened Whipped Cream around and on top of the Angel Food Cake round. Using the back of a demitasse spoon spread the whipped cream to smooth out the layer (making sure cake round is completely covered).
- Change plain tip to a decorative tip, pipe a decorative mound in the centre.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries and serve.
another equally great dessert is the following as well
Strawberry Shortcake Trifle
1 Angle Food Cake
1 8 oz. Cream cheese
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. powdered sugar
1 c. sour cream
8 oz. Frozen Whipped Topping (thawed)
2 large container of fresh strawberries
Wash strawberries and remove berry tops. Slice strawberries.
Sprinkle granulated sugar over strawberries. Cut Angel Food
cake into 1-inch squares. Set aside. Blend together cream
cheese, vanilla, powdered sugar, and sour cream until smooth.
Fold in Whipped topping. In a trifle bowl layer ingredients
starting with half the cake cubes, then half of the sliced berries,
and then half of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers and
garnish with strawberries.
Recipe Sharing Monday Made By Your Monday