Today’s Food History
on this day in…
- 1893 The Coca-Cola trademark was recorded.
- 1930 Scotch tape was developed by Richard Drew of the 3M Company.
- 1980 Due to record high sugar prices, Coca Cola begins substituting high fructose corn syrup for half of the sucrose (sugar) used in Coca Cola.
- 1990 The first McDonald’s restaurant in Moscow, Russia opens.
- 2001 Germany announced plans to destroy 400k cattle due to the mad cow crises. We know it now as Mad Cow Disease
1/3 cup plain yogurt
German chocolate cake mix
1 cup (250ml) Coca Cola
2 cups (250g) plain flour
1 1/3 cups (300g) white sugar
1 teaspoon bicarb soda
1/2 cup (125ml) buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence