Custom Search

Monday, July 16, 2012

Stuffed Cabbage Rolls

As a teen I moved from small town America down state to a town with double the population. It was hard to fit in at school and then one day I made an awesome friend. Her name was April and she had the most bubbliest personality. Nothing seemed to get her down. I spent many days at Aprils her mama was an awesome cook and to tell you the truth it was not the same type of cooking my mama made. For instance her mama cooked stuffed cabbage never before had I had this and oh my still remember how delicious it was. So glad that thanks to facebook after 20 years after last seeing my friend I found her again. She now makes this recipe for her family. Thought I would share this here with you



Stuffed Cabbage Rolls

1 medium head cabbage
2 ounces pork, chopped fine
2 ounce veal
2 tablespoons butter
2 egg yokes
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon parsley http://makingtheworldcuter.com/
1 teaspoon onion
1 cup crumbs
1 pimento

Parboil cabbage, drain and let cool. Open leaves and scoop out center of cabbage, save the center and chopped it fine, add bread crumbs, moistened with butter, add meat, seasoning and the cabbage that has been chopped fine. Mix these all together. Stuff into the cavity of the cabbage. fold the leaves back over, and tie with a string to hold. Bake in moderate oven for about 3 hours.


shared at
Made By you Monday
Market yourself Monday
Making The World Cuter
The Recipe Box

Crafty Confessions
Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays

5 comments:

  1. How wonderful you found your friend after 20 years! Delicious looking cabbage rolls, looks great. Thanks Annie for visiting me and for your sweet words :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super post. Isn't it a great idea to collect lunch recipes in the Recipe Box linky party? My link was the bacon and scrambled egg rolls. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, dropping by via Recipe Box. All i can say is WOW, I love these too. Going to make these but sub with chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Mom used to make it and also my Grandma
    It's very traditional in my country, and we all loooooooooooove it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so delicious! I love cabbage rolls, but have never made them myself! Have a wonderful weekend! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post