Custom Search

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Chicken Trivia Question

Here is a bit of trivia that whether you are a former farm chic like me or you just simply like to eat chicken and eggs should make you wonder just a bit

Does A Chicken Have Earlobes


Yes, chickens have ears on the sides of their head, covered by feathers, you can actually see their little earlobes hanging down below the feathers, in production breeds this is how you can tell what color egg they will lay. white or blue ear lobes for white eggs, red ear lobes for brown. In Heritage breeds the earlobes do not always match the egg color.

3 comments:

  1. I can honestly say I did not know this. I'm going to spring this on the family tonight at dinner. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower from UBP! Look forward to following your blog.
    My blog is http://naptimeshopper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned something but nevertheless, that post title made me smile! :) It sounds like the beginning of a joke. Still smiling...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post