Custom Search

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Spring Plans

Spring Plans
Guest post written by Jeramy Sparks
The winter has a reputation for hanging on for longer than most of the nation here in Washington. This year was no exception and I had spent enough time indoors. Thanks to all the gardening shows on directv spokane I was ready to get started on my summer garden. I had a ton of new ideas for fencing, pest prevention, etc. It had me itching to get going but I had several months to go. For now however, I am going to begin aerating my soil and adding organic material to the native soil to improve the growth of my vegetables. I had been processing compost for a while now and it is ready to begin the incorporation process. I know this step will be well worth it as soon as I get to put my first plants into the ground. I can almost taste the tomatoes now. The winter produce section in the grocery has been less than inspiring and flavorful. There is nothing like that in which you can grow by your own hands. Nothing beats it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post