Custom Search

Monday, August 29, 2011

Garden Recipe

Pico de Gallo Salsa


Enjoy this fabulously fresh salsa with chips, or spoon over tacos or nachos. Add some grilled corn and a few chunks of avocado just before serving for a bit more body.



Serves 10 as a dip



1 pound heirloom or other tomatoes

1 red onion

Handful of fresh cilantro (about ¼ cup)

Juice of 1 lime

1 jalapeño, diced with seeds removed (optional)



Dice tomatoes finely, discarding goop and seeds. Transfer to bowl and dice red onion in similarly sized chunks, adding onion to the bowl. Chop a handful of fresh cilantro and add it to the bowl, then squeeze the lime juice into the bowl. Add the jalapeño if using, then mix until combined. It’s best left to sit for a few hours to let flavors to combine, but it can be enjoyed right away, too!



recipe source: here

$5 Dinner Challenge

2 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to make this recipe and thought it was too complicated. I can handle this just fine. Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you too for your sweet comment on my post today,
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fresh garden salsa and I have all of these ingredients in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post