Custom Search

Monday, August 29, 2011

Cookies Like Grandma Would Have Baked

When I was a kid we often visited my grandparents. I lived in town with my family but just a few minutes down the road and out in the country you would find my grandmothers house. They were very different in style with one being more homey and baking at only certain times being certain that her house was as neat as a pin and that the meals were planned and served just right. The other was one that spent more time with the chldren, playing and sitting outside, baking cookies and just being a jolly old granny. The funny thing is I can remember this type of recipe being at both of their homes. I guess it was just a favorite of everyone as I know I loved them or perhaps that is why they were found at my grandmas because they loved me.


1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 medium)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
5 3/5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/4 cups)
 2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
 Cooking spray

 Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add egg; beat well. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, oats, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add flour mixture to banana mixture in bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 18 minutes or until golden. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks.

Cathy Brixen, Phoenix, Arizona, Cooking Light

JULY 2009



recipe source: My Recipes


2 comments:

  1. These look yummy!

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello...

    Mmmm...this cookie recipe looks absolutely divine! I would love to try it! Thanks so much for sharing it with us for the Sunday Favorites party this week...such a treat!

    Warmest autumn wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post