Custom Search

Monday, August 29, 2011

Early Thoughts of Christmas: Ribbon Dessert

 Today is August 29th the 241st day of the year with only 118 days til Christmas. That is only a little under 17 weeks and a little over 4 months from one of the most special days of the year. I know it may be a bit early to start thinking about it but my mind has been on budgeting for Chistmas. I made a list of those that I will be buying for and an average or thought of how much. My husband says that I always spend more because I never think it is enough and believe it or not I never do. It is such a special day to me and my family is important enough to me to do the very best. So thinking along these lines I thought that I would share with you a special recipe that my mom always makes sure is on the table.



2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free lime gelatin


5 cups boiling water, divided

4 cups cold water, divided

2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free lemon gelatin

1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, cubed

1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained

1/4 cup chopped pecans

2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping

2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free cherry gelatin

In a bowl, dissolve lime gelatin in 2 cups boiling water. Add 2 cups cold water; stir. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until almost set, about 2 hours. In a bowl, dissolve lemon gelatin in 1 cup boiling water; whisk in cream cheese until smooth. Stir in pineapple and pecans. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon over first layer. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. In a bowl, dissolve cherry gelatin in remaining boiling water. Add remaining cold water; stir. Chill until syrupy and slightly thickened. Carefully spoon over second layer. Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours. Yield: 15 servings.

recipe source: Taste of Home



Keeping It Simple

1 comment:

  1. Did someone say Christmas? lol!!

    It's never too early to think about it!! I'm all about Christmas, I love decorating and I love cooking and creating!! Since I have a HUGE family!! I have to start early as well, we don't have kids but my hubby's family and mine we have a of 22 nieces and nephews....and there are still the in-laws, brothers, sisters and brother/sister-in laws to think about!! You can say I want to pull my hair out!! lol!! and I try to have all the Christmas gifts done with by Halloween!! I want to enjoy my Christmas month and not be worried about stuff!!

    I will have to try this recipe! ☺

    Enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post