Custom Search

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Vintage Recipe : Deviled Eggs

My son had a good but odd request for the holidays when I suggested they all tell me something put on the menu. When most of the teens suggested sweets my son desired deviled eggs. If you are like my son here is a recipe just for you.



Basic Deviled Eggs

12 eggs
1/4 c tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp white vinegar
2 tsp yellow mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
Paprika

Hard boil the eggs

Peel and cut them in half lengthwise Remove the yolks and set whites aside. Mash the yolks with mayonnaise and mustard. Stir in the rest of the ingredients except paprika. Refill the egg white halves with the yolks and sprinkle with paprika. Chill.

I got this recipe on All Recipes and tweaked it a bit to suit me. It is definitely a different take on deviled eggs.

3 comments:

  1. yummy, deviled eggs are a favorite of mine as well! i have never tried to make them so i may just have to try your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always have deviled eggs at my in-laws for the holidays, too! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deviled eggs were so popular, don't know why they went out of style. They are still a favorite at our house.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post