Custom Search

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Peanut Butter Muffins




I have been seeing many great sales on peanut butter at the grocery stores. In fact Krogers has peanut butter for 10/$10. What a great deal. Well with that in mind and because my kids are at home due to snow today I decided to make up this recipe that is very easy, healthy and great for kids to both make and eat




PeanutButter Muffins


•2 eggs
•1 c. milk
•¼ c. banana (about 1 banana), mashed with a fork
•¼ c. peanut butter
•1/3 c. vegetable oil
•¼ c. frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed (left out of the freezer until it's soft)
•¼ c. nonfat dry milk
•2¼ c. flour
•1½ tsp. baking powder
•1 tsp. baking soda
•nonstick cooking spray
Utensils:

•oven (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
•fork
•small bowl
•large bowl
•mixing spoon
•muffin/cupcake tin
•paper muffin/cupcake liners
•wire rack
•measuring cups and spoons


Preheat oven to 350° F In a small bowl, break the eggs and use a fork to beat them a little bit. In a large bowl, combine the milk, mashed banana, peanut butter, vegetable oil, apple juice, dry milk, and the eggs from the small bowl. Mix with a mixing spoon until the mixture is creamy. Add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda into the large bowl. Mix again. Line a muffin tine with paper liners or lightly spray with nonstick spray. Spoon in the muffin mix. Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 of the way up. Bake for about 15 minutes. When your muffins are finished baking, remove from muffin tin and cool them on the wire rack. Then it's time to taste and share!

shared at
inspire me monday

5 comments:

  1. Yummmy!!!! I can't wait to try this. My 9 yo daughter LOVES to help me in the kitchen, and this sounds like something we ALL would like to eat. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... those sound delish! I am putting them in my to-cook list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so good! I think we'll be making these tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE peanut butter. I will be making these to take to church Sunday. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound really good!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post