Custom Search

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Tony Blair facing the heat

I can remember as I raised my kids the one thing that I saw alot on T.V. was George Bush and Tony Blair defending and demanding the right to a war with IRAQ. Were they right? At the time it seemed they may of been as the country was quite disrupted. I will not go into my thoughts on the war at this time though. What I do want to share is that Tony Blair is facing heat on the subject with his country of England.

Tony Blair, if you are not familiar with him, is the former British Prime Minister. Blair will face a panel or inquiry team as it is being called to answer questions about the Iraq War. There will be an approximate 60 seats available for onlookers and about 20 of these seats will be set aside for families of soldiers who lost their lives in battle. The question being asked is did Tony Blair break international law when Blair ordered 45,000 British troops to take part in the 2003 US led invasion to topple Saddam Hussein.

A five man Iraq inquiry team will examine Britain's role before, during and after the conflict and try to decide if Tony Blair did anything wrong during his time in office. Senior civil servants and military figures who revealed that Britain had knowledge that Iraq had dismantled its chemical weapons weeks before the invasion.

I myself would not like to catch myself on either side of this panel as I agree that something had to be done but was it done right? I celebrated the victories in battle as well as cried when the soldiers were killed. That is why I would not want to be on either side of the situation.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Move on. Stuff like this is such a waste of tax payer money. Whether it was right or wrong, the leader of the country did it and they just need to move on. Who cares. There are so many more pressing problems in this world to worry about if a leader did right or wrong. It's like Bush over here. He did it, with Congress okay...MOVE ON!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post