Custom Search

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Adam Lambert controversy

Do you know who Adam Lambert is? If you watch American Idol then you know who he is, what he looks like and how he sounds. The only problem is now is a controversy over what he did at the AMAs going to wipe all that out? If you are not sure what I am talking about then let me fill you in during Lambert's performance on the AMAs he kissed a man, and did other sexual provocative moves.


In the past actions such as these would result in controversy but also boost stars such as Madonna and Britney Spears. But Adam Lambert was removed from a morning talk show where he was to appear as well as much controversy has resulted. Now while I have heard that all publicity is good publicity I have to wonder exactly what will happen. I am sad that actions such as those where shown on a T.V. show I often watch with my children.

What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I thought it was totally inappropriate for Adam to perform this on the AMA. I was very disturbed by it, as well as very disappointed. The television audience was a vast array of ages, and I do not recall getting a heads up from Ryan Seacrest that the performance could be suggestive and inappropriate for children. I was contemplating purchasing Adam's cd prior to what I witnessed, I will not be a fan of Mr. Lamberts any longer. Poor judgment was made. I wonder what his mother thought about his performance and how she felt hearing all the publicity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes his performance was sexually provocative but then again Miley Cyrus basically did a pole dance, Britney Spears, Madonna, and Christina Aguilera kissed on stage and have very sexual performances as well. I think it is a shame he is being targeted due to it being male on male. There should not be a double standard. Discrimination is never okay and that is how I see Adam Lambert's treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the AMAs are a grown-up show. They are live so anything can happen, and Adam wasn't on till 11pm.
    Little kids shouldn't be watching tv at that hour. I like Adam and feel he was justified in expressing himself artistically like he did. Why doesn't anyone complain when girls kiss or where scanty outfits or gyrate provocativly. His voice is amazing and I like his "entertainment."

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post