Custom Search

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Get Out Take A Walk

My main way of exercising is walking. I love to walk anywhere that I can and normally do. Possibly the only time I don't walk is when I go shopping. So let me ask you do you do much walking? Whether it is fast speed walking or slow leisurely walking they both burn the same amount of calories. When I first started walking it was at a slower pace now I walk at a much speedier pace but still not to fast I like to take the world in.



Here a couple of great reasons that might just get you in the mood to walk for exercise as well:
  • Walking helps to prevent type 2 diabetes. Walking 150 minutes per week and losing 12 to 15 lbs can reduce risk of diabetes by 58% is what the Diabetes Prevention Program recommends
  • You can strengthen your heart by walking.
  • Walking is good for your brain. Studies have shown women who walk an easy pace for 1.5 hours a week will have better cognitive function
Now that I have shared my reasons for walking and also given you some ways that walking can help your health what do you think are you ready to put your shoes on and go for a walk?

retweet post
shared on facebook 
pin post

shared at
facebook linkup === cbb blog share --- 3/26 -- done
welcome wednesday
facebook linkup == cbb pin visit == 4/23 == done
TFT party
bloggers pit stop
facebook linkup == twitter marketing ct2 == 4/25

2 comments:

  1. Hi Annie, I also love walking, and I do almost no other exercise except walking. Currently we're locked down, so I'm not getting as much walking done as I would like. But as soon as it's over, I'll be outside walking everywhere again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love walking too, however the lockdown has made things worse. I do other exercises at home these days. Thank you for joining us in Bloggers Stop - Pit stop Crew

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post